•Ensure that all production assets are operated in a safe and efficient manner, in line with agreed plant operating philosophies, and in line with current Production Procedures and practices.
• ake effective action to control emergencies and contain hazards within area of responsibility.
• Where applicable, provide input into the 90-day and 14-day planning cycles.
• Take effective action to control emergencies and contain hazards within area of responsibility.
2) Business Processes related:
• Execute all production operations according to schedule / plan.
• Give guidance to Assistant or Trainee Operators in the team – to aid their development.
• Order spare parts and consummables to maintain an adequate supply for use in the area
and keep record of same.
• Provide input to plans appertaining to the short and medium term development of area operations staff including Competence Assessment and Assurance of staff.
3) Discipline Activities:
• Contribute to the Commissioning efforts.
• Keep relevant documentation in the stations up to date and readily available for use.
• Log all relevant data relating to the production of Hydrocarbons – for entry into the Production Management System)
• Report to Sr. Operator on daily activities, work progress, facility Integrity and Lock Valve register.
• Interface with Maintenance department staff to coordinate breakdown & routine maintenance work in facilities and plants – to ensure minimum deferment of production.
• Signatory for Permit to Work activities within area of responsibility – as licensed and advised by Supervisor.
4) HSE related:
• Maintain a high level of safety awareness and standards in all daily duties and tasks and guide the subordinate staff and contractors on safe working practices.
• Proactively manage all HSE aspects of Production activity execution and compliance with directorate HSE plan
• Ensure healthy safeguarding systems for minimum production interruption
• Accountable for ensuring implementation and adherence to the requirements of the HSE Management System.
• Ensure HSE and PTW systems are followed before starting a job, ensure proper use of tools and PPE, conduct regular site visits, advice co-workers on potential hazards, check safety equipment, notify management of unsafe working conditions, report HSE incidents, actively participate in HSE meetings and tool box talks.
5) Process safety related:
• Ensure that Critical Tasks related to Asset Integrity-Process Safety Management (AI-PSM), as defined in the Procedural Manual, are undertaken and executed.
• Apply AI-PSM principles in all activities.
• Act at all times in accordance with the PDO Statement of Policy on AI-PSM.
• Identify and comply with AI-PSM responsibilities as documented in the AI-PSM System.
6) Other accountabilities:
• Be a member of the Duty Rota.
• Maintain a positive image and actively promote and participate in social activities.
• As member of the of the Asset team fulfil all given tasks which are in line with the overall requirements of the Asset team.